If your business includes any of the following, then a computerised accounting package would save you time and money:
- Many repetitive or routine tasks
- Lots of paperwork (i.e. suppliers’ cheques, sales invoices, purchase orders)
- Compliance requirements (VAT / end of year accounts)
Choosing the right software:
Accounting software should fullfil four primary requirements:
- Capture the required data effectively and efficiently.
- Generate information to support tax / audit compliance requirements
- Support managerial decision making, planning and control
- Be cost effective
It follows that choosing the right accounting software requires knowledge of the business in question; its information/ compliance requirements and the software market. At Anne Brady McQuillans DFK, we combine our expertise in both information technology and accountancy/ business advice to ensure that the software selected is the most appropriate for your requirements. We have developed close working relations with leading software providers and are often in a position to negotiate preferential rates.
What can my accountancy package do for me?
The following are basic functions of accountancy software which significantly improve the efficiency of your day to day business:
- Generation of main financial documents such as a Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and a Trial Balance. These documents can be produced for any specific period.
- Generation of financial documents along with comparative figures from previous years
- Generation of reports such as Sales and Cash Daybooks, Aged Debtors report, Purchase and Cash Daybook and Aged Creditors report.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts by allocating payments against outstanding invoices
- The ability to maintain and manage various registers and databases, for example the Fixed Assets Register and the Suppliers and Customers Databases
- The ability to facilitate repetitive tasks such as recurring transactions, printing labels, serial correspondence and printing statements for customers
Existing users of such accountancy software can also benefit from training and acquire extensive knowledge on the additional modules of the accountancy packages such as:
- planning and budgeting
- product management
- sales management
- marketing management
- project management
If you would like to learn more about automating your bookkeeping, please contact Anne Brady on 01-478 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org